How about some more mission multimedia?
On P-Days, Elder Rose liked to play his Gee-tar. Shortly before the incredible Draper Zone was broken up by certain people going home, we recorded some music as a zone. Elder Rose wrote some wonderful music - "Shiloh" is particularly nostalgic, because it expresses his testimony of the Savior, and we performed it in a special missionary fireside of our own organizing. I'm proud of our rendition of "If You Could Hie to Kolob" - For the first verse, I am playing the accompaniment and singing all four parts.
- Shiloh - Composed and sung by Elder Michael Rose (Elder Lassen vocals)
- Ave Maria - Violin by Elder Gary Parente accompanied by Elder Jon Andersen
- If You Could Hie to Kolob - Draper Zone accompanied by Elder Jon Andersen (instrumental only)
- Composition 1 - Composed by Elder Michael Rose
- Composition 2 - Composed by Elder Gary Parante
All of this audio was ripped from CDs. I ripped the mission farewell in iTunes into MPEG-4 audio format (m4a). I ripped Elder Rose's music in Windows Media Player into Windows Media Audio (wma). Those formats aren't the most portable and preservable, however; so I re-encoded them into the standard and well-supported MPEG-3 audio format (mp3) using Xilisoft WMA MP3 Converter (shareware).